For this episode, I’m joined by Srinivas Rao; writer, best-selling author, as well as host and founder of The Unmistakable Creative podcast. I’m really excited to share this episode because Srini is a creative entrepreneur who truly walks the walk when it comes to the creative process and creating great work! He’s written multiple books, hosted over 700 interviews, has work featured on sites such as Forbes and The New York Times, hosts writing workshops, and still finds time for his surfing passion.
In this discussion, we touch on,
- Taking action and choosing yourself.
- His passion for surfing and how that’s had an influence in his approach to life.
- The importance of having a body of work you own.
- How to internalize feedback/constructive criticism, and decide whether or not to take it into account with your work.
- Knowing your worth and treating creativity as a business.
- Why choosing to work *the right* day job while building your side projects has a ton of benefits.
- Going deep vs. shallow work.
- Mindful social media usage.
- Why the actual process and showing up to do the work matters.
- The benefits and pitfalls of early, unexpected success.
Mentioned in the Podcast:
Favorite Books(s): The Great Gatsby
Unmistakable Creative Podcast: unmistakablecreative.com (side note: If you haven’t listened in on some of these episodes, check ’em out. He talks with so many brilliant people and the episodes are so full of insight and interesting stories!)
Srini’s latest book (and you can browse his other ones on Amazon also): An Audience of One: Reclaiming Creativity for Its Own Sake
Leave a Reply