For this episode, we have Erika De La Cruz on the mic. Erika is a TV personality and host, entrepreneur, and overall girl boss. She’s the founder and creative director of the Passion to Paycheck conference, as well as a best-selling author of Passionistas, Tips, Tales & “Tweetables” From Women Pursuing Their Dreams.
In this episode, we chat about,
- How Erika planted seeds in all seasons of her life, for her future self to grow with.
- Her journey from a small town, to being a TV personality and entrepreneur in Los Angeles.
- The process of publishing her first book.
- Finding partners that balance you out.
- The importance of self care and creating “meetings” with yourself.
- Losing everything and taking big risks.
- The language of obligation.
AND SO MUCH MORE.
“Rock bottom creates some of the most freeing experiences, and the mentality of freedom.”
“Never be afraid to hit that rock bottom low. That’s what’s going to produce the most creative juice and eye opening clarity for you in your life.”
On spreading yourself thin: “If you are doing that, it’s not telling the universe you’re trusting any process. If you truly trusted yourself and the universe, you would trust that whatever is feeling good, and fulfilling to you, well… that’s the indicator. That’s the indicator that you need, you’re on the right path, and the path to success.”
On language: “The language of obligation creates these barriers and a caged theme to life, instead of an opportunity, which it really is.”
“The repercussions of waiting are going to outweigh the repercussions of actually taking that leap, 10-fold.”
Favorite book or podcast: Book: The Alchemist – podcast: This one 😉
Where to Find Erika: