Yo. This episode with Alison Clancy – music marketer and community builder – is full of sooooo many good nuggets. I can’t wait for you to have a listen! We actually recorded this in space (thanks, zoom backgrounds!) and talk about a ton of things including,
- Virtual events vs. IRL events.
- The good ol’ days of Myspace and Live Journal
- Learning when in unfamiliar waters
- Transferring skills into an industry you love
- The dark side of the ego
- Cultivating community + creating boundaries.
- The importance of a close group of people (personal advisory board!) you can call at the drop of a hat for business or personal advice.
“When you take a chance, you might not get exactly what you want, but everything’s a learning opportunity. It might be that you weren’t ready for that thing you wanted just yet. Maybe you had some things you had to really learn whether that’s in your life or in your career or about yourself and it’s all in preparation for that thing that you’re going to eventually get to.”
A brief into to our guest, Alison Clancy
Alison has been in marketing and community building for over ten years. She’s had the pleasure of partnering with brands like Redbox, Advance Auto Parts, and Intuit and was named by DataBird Business Journal as one of 2019’s 500 Leading Community Experts. She recently made the transition from tech to music/music tech with the mission of helping artists and music companies connect to audiences through fan-focused tactics.
As a thank you for supporting this episode, I want you to be able to dive into the goodness of the MAP Planner that I created on our new sister site, Actionalchemy.co. The MAP planner is a system I created that combines creativity, introspection and purposeful planning into your day so you can tame your inner chaos and take inspired action every day.
- MAP Planner
- 10% Code: PERMISSIONLESSPOD
I’m working behind the scenes on the Action Alchemy site so I can provide coaching to creatives and entrepreneurs along with products & tools that can help with personal performance, the growth mindset and taking inspired action to live a permissionless life. I can’t wait to share what I’ve been cooking up. ??
- BEYONCEEEEE (she encompasses all songs, all the time so no need to pick one here)
- Black Panther Soundtrack
- Spider-Man ‘Into the Spider-verse’ Soundtrack